e-RUPI :- The honorable Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi has introduced e-RUPI digital payment. In India, there has been something of a digital revolution in recent years. The general public is now more aware of the advancements in digital payment methods that have raised living standards. In this article you get every information regarding this scheme including its benefits, objective, eligibility criteria, required documents and registration procedure.
Table of Contents
What is an e-Rupi Digital Payment
The e-rupi digital payment solution is a QR code or SMS string-based e-voucher for conducting digital payments. It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 2 August 2021. This coupon, which is a cashless and contactless payment method, will be delivered to customer’s phones and can be used in place of a credit card, an online banking account, or a digital payment app.
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has launched this digital payment service on its UPI platform. Among the cooperating parties are the National Health Authority, the Department of Financial Services and the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The service sponsor, the recipients and the service providers are all involved in this endeavor. There won’t be any physical touch and the connection will be kept online.
Overview of e-Rupi Digital Payment
|Name of the Article
|e-Rupi Digital Payment
|Government of India
|Giving a digital payment app for the rupi that is both contactless and cashless
Objective of e-Rupi Digital Payment
The main objective of the e-RUPI digital payment platform is to give users a simple, cashless and contactless payment method. Users may send money to one another securely using this payment platform. The QR code or voucher used by this payment mechanism is based on the SMS string delivered to the recipient’s mobile phone. Without the need of middlemen, the e-RUPI digital payment mechanism ensures prompt payment of services. Users do not need to carry a card, utilize a digital payment app or log into online banking in order to make payments, making the procedure quick and safe.
Benefits of e-Rupi Digital Payment
The benefits of this scheme is given below:
Benefits of Customers:
- Only a two step redemption process must be finished by customers, who are not required to provide any personal information. In order to safeguard their anonymity they do not need to have any kind of bank account or digital payment app. It is entirely contactless to make a payment.
Benefits of Hospitals:
- The transaction is completely secure due to the prepaid nature of the coupon. You may use your discount in a few easy steps. Paying for services may be done swiftly and conveniently because hospitals are not required to handle cash. The voucher is authorized by a verification code which simplifies and secures the payment process.
Benefits of Corportes:
- Employee satisfaction may be increased through the provision of corporate rewards. The transactions are digital so there is no physical issuing involved. This allows the issuer to follow the voucher redemption quickly, safely and without any friction which saves money.
Eligibility of e-Rupi Digital Payment
The eligibility criteria of this scheme is given below:
- The applicant must live in India.
Other Services Provided by NPCI
The retail payment and settlement systems in India are managed by the National Payment Corporation of India. The national payment organization offers the following services to Indian citizens:
Unified Payment Interface (UPI)
A person’s many bank accounts may be combined into a single mobile application using this feature.
Rupee and Payment (RuPay)
It is a nationwide network of ATMs, POS devices and e-commerce websites that accepts domestic card payments from Indian consumers. Users are protected from phishing attacks on this secure network.
Bharat Interface for Money (BHIM)
With the help of the BHIM app you may quickly, easily, and simply complete payments and transactions utilizing your unified payment interface. With the use of BHIM, customers may send and receive money instantly across banks using nothing more than their cell phone number or a virtual payment address.
National Automated Clearing House (NACH)
NACH allows for high volume, recurring and periodic interbank electronic transactions. This platform is used by banks, financial institutions, businesses and governments.
Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
For the people of India, it is a very effective and reasonably priced service. It guarantees interbank electronic financial transactions every hour of every day, every day of the week using a variety of channels including mobile, internet, ATM, SMS and so on. It is a trustworthy real time financial transfer system that moves money instantly between institutions throughout the nation.
National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC)
To meet the needs of the Indian market for electronic tolling, the National Payment Corporation of India has created a national electronic toll collection system. Using a clearing house service for settlement and dispute resolution this platform offers a national toll payment system.
On the basis of Aadhaar verification employed on this platform, the BHIM Aadhaar enables shops to receive digital payments from customers. Using this technology, merchants may accept payments from bank customers by confirming their biometrics.
Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AePS)
Through the bank’s business correspondent an online interoperable financial inclusion transaction is carried out at the point of sale. There are six main types of transactions supported by this platform. To make a payment, customers must enter their bank name, Aadhaar number and fingerprint taken during enrolment.
National Financial Switch (NFS)
The network which has 37 members connects 50,000 ATMs. This platform develops robust and durable internal operational models. The operational capabilities and services of National Financial Switch are on par with those of other ATMs located across the world.
Cheque Truncation System (CTS)
Instead of physically processing checks, it is a means of clearing them electronically. By bringing a bank to the branch of the paying bank, it is accomplished. This platform is managed by the Indian National Payment Corporation. Additionally, a lot of time will be saved by using this method.
Required Documents of e-Rupi Digital Payment
Some of the required documents of the scheme is given below:
- Aadhaar Card
- Identity Card
- Address Proof
- Mobile Number
View List of Live Hospital
- First you have to visit the Official Website of the national payment corporation of india.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- Click on What we do option.
- Click on UPI option.
- You have to click on e-RUPI live partners.
- Click on Live hospitals on e-RUPI.
- A PDF file will appear on your screen.
- You can view a list of live hospitals on e-RUPI.
Download Mobile App Procedure
- First you have to open Google play store or apple app store in your mobile phone.
- Enter e-RUPI Digital Payment in the search box.
- Click on the Search option.
- A list of apps will be displayed before you.
- Click on the First App.
- You have to click on install.
- e-Rupi digital payment mobile app will be downloaded to your device.
Redeem e-RUPI Voucher Procedure
- The beneficiary has to show the e-RUPI QR code or SMS at the service provider outlet.
- The salesman must scan this SMS or QR code.
- Now, a recipient will receive an OTP.
- The recipient must provide the service provider access to this OTP.
- This OTP must be entered into the OTP box by the service provider.
- Click on the Proceed.
- Payment will make to the service provider.
FAQs e-Rupi Digital Payment
When was the e-RUPI introduced?
On 2 August 2021, Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi introduced e-RUPI.
What is the e-Rupi Digital Payment Solution?
The unique payment system that the Indian government has implemented is known as the e-Rupi Digital Payment Solution. Users who want to make a payment for a specified reason will get an SMS or QR code to finish the transaction. A bank card or an online payment app are not necessary for this technique of online payment.
Is e-RUPI similar to UPI?
In comparison to UPI, e-RUPI is different in many aspects since it doesn’t require a special UPI ID that is connected to a bank account or a payments app on the registered mobile number to work.
How does e-RUPI operate?
A unique QR code, a code number associated with it or an SMS may be used to redeem an e-RUPI which is essentially a digital voucher.
Is the information on e-RUPI safe?
The government has implemented e-RUPI, a safe method that uses cutting edge technology to guarantee the greatest degree of data encryption and protect the privacy of its users.