Suryashakti Kisan Yojana 2024:- The Gujarat state government has declared that it will implement the Suryashakti Kisan Yojana throughout the state in order to address its power shortage. The Gujarat state chief minister, Vijay Rupani, introduced this yojana. A yojana related to farmers and electricity is called the Surya Shakti Kisan Yojana. In this article you get every information regarding Suryashakti Kisan Yojana 2024 in this yojana including its benefits, objective, eligibility criteria, necessary documents and registration procedure.
Table of Contents
Suryashakti Kisan Yojana 2024
The Suryashakti Kisan Yojana was established by the Gujarat state government to produce power for consumption that is specifically offered to the state’s farmers. By installing solar panels on their properties the farmers will be able to produce their own power which will enable them to make money on their own. Using the grid, farmers may also sell the government the excess power they create.
The state and central governments will give farmers a 60% project cost subsidy, farmers will also get 30% of the project cost in the way of loans with interest rates as high as 4.5% or 6%, the remaining 5% of the project cost will be covered by the farmer. This will assist the farmers in obtaining the right possibilities to carry on with their farming operations.
Overview of Suryashakti Kisan scheme
|Portal Name||Suryashakti Kisan Yojana 2024|
|Launched by||State Government of Gujarat|
|Objective||To Provide Power Supply|
|Official Website||Click here|
Objective of Suryashakti Kisan Yojana 2024
The main objective of this yojana is giving farmers access to adequate power for irrigation. In order to do this, solar panels will be installed by the government. In order to encourage them to invest in their farms, farmers will get subsidies for solar panels. In addition, the government plans to buy the remaining electricity supply from the farmers.
Benefits of Suryashakti Kisan Yojana
Some of the benefits of this yojana is given below:
- Farmers won’t have to pay high power rates due to the yojana, which will lower electricity bills.
- Electricity will be available to farmers for irrigation for 12 hours a day.
- The yojana aims to reduce pollution caused by irrigation pumps that run on gasoline and diesel.
- In addition, farmers might receive government funding by selling excess power.
- In order to supplement their revenue the state’s farmers can also sell the residual power they generate to the government through the grid.
- Farmers who install solar panels on their properties will get a 60% project cost subsidy from the state and federal governments.
- In addition, a loan with an interest rate ranging from 4.5% to 6% will be given to the farmer to cover 30% of the project costs.
- The final 5% of the project’s cost will have to be paid for by the farmer directly.
- Farmers will own the PV system once they have paid back their financing.
- This PV system will be insured by the state government.
- The SKY Scheme will support Gujarat State’s rural economic development.
Eligibility Criteria of Suryashakti Kisan Yojana 2024
Some of the eligibility criteria of this yojana is given below:
- The applicant must live in Gujarat.
Required Documents of Suryashakti Kisan Yojana 2024
Some of the required documents of this yojana is given below:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Aadhaar Card
- Income Certificate
- Resident Certificate
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
Application Procedure of Suryashakti Kisan Yojana
- You have to visit the Official Website of Gujarat Power Research and Development Cell.
- The homepage will appear on your screen.
- Click on the Suryashakti Kisan Yojana option.
- A new page will appear on your screen.
- Enter all the required details in the form such as:
- Email ID
- Mobile Number etc
- You have to upload all the necessary documents.
- Click on the submit button.
FAQs Suryashakti Kisan Yojana 2024
Who started Suryashakti Kisan Yojana?
The Suryashakti Kisan Yojana has been introduced by the Gujarat chief minister.
What is the Kisan Suryashakti Yojana?
The Gujarat government’s Surya Shakti Kisan Yojana aims to equip farmers with solar panels so they may have a reliable source of power.
What is the primary goal of the Suryashakti Kisan Yojana?
Installing solar panels is the primary way that the SKY plan aims to conserve power.
Who can apply for Suryashakti Kisan Yojana?
Gujarati farmers are all eligible to apply for the yojana.
What is the loan interest rate?
A loan with an interest rate ranging from 4.5 to 6% will cover up to 35% of the project’s cost.